This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom beachfront condo is a ground floor, corner unit that offers quick and easy access to some of the most beautiful beaches in America. There are only 2 floors in this building and 16 units in total so the building and its location are ideal for a quiet and relaxing vacation.
With beaches just 50' away, the sights, sounds and smells of the ocean are right on the back doorstep. Facing west, the property gets all day sun and spectacular sunsets throughout the year.
The unit was completely renovated in the summer/fall of 2018 so everything is brand new.
The master bedroom has a king bed, multiple sets of 100% cotton sheets and a connecting master bathroom. Glass sliding doors into a lanai provide spectacular views of the ocean. The 2nd bedroom has twin XL beds, a wall mounted flatscreen TV and an adjacent bathroom. The kitchen is fully equipped. The living room is spacious with a wall mounted 65 inch Samsung flatscreen TV and full HD programming. Secure, high-speed wireless Internet service is provided throughout the unit.
A screened-in, open-air lanai faces the Gulf and is a wonderful place to relax and have drinks at the end of a day. The westerly exposure provides for great sunsets. And there is quite commonly a gentle on-shore breeze that is very refreshing in the warm summer months.
Vegetation and wildlife just outside the lanai are uniquely southern. Giant turtles can be frequently seen around the property, dolphin sightings are common and occasionally manatees, which are incredibly large, but gentle, sea cows, can be seen along the shoreline.
The unit has a washer/dryer, central AC with an accessible thermostat, variable speed ceiling fans in the bedrooms, living room and lanai, a dining table for 6, a communal gas BBQ and an outside deck facing the ocean with 2 'steamer' chairs and a table in between.
Our unit is part of the Boca Grande Club which is a gated, 62-acre private residential community on the Gulf side of Gasparilla Island. Amenities offered include the casual 'Upper Deck' restaurant, a more formal 'Clubhouse' restaurant at beach level, 3 pools with complimentary towel service, a 'Tiki Bar', poolside lunch and drink service, beach chaises and umbrellas around the pools and along the beaches, an expanded and very popular fitness facility, 8 clay tennis courts with 3 tennis pros 'in-season' offering organized drills and matches, a small retail tennis shop and a spacious Library/Quiet Room that has books, a TV, comfortable couches and a piano for those times when guests prefer a little 'out of the way' quiet time.
Programs offered at the Club include Yoga, Water Aerobics, Bridge and Circuit Training.
Bicycles and golf carts can be rented at the Club both of which are excellent ways to explore the island.
Boca Grande (formally known as Gasparilla Island) is located off the southwest coast of Florida, north of Naples and south of Sarasota. It is part of the 'barrier chain' of islands that includes Sanibel and Captiva. Connected to the mainland by a short, tolled ($6) causeway, what makes Boca Grande unique are its miles of beaches and its tranquil, relaxed, Old Florida feel: no highrises, no malls, no traffic lights, and no neon signs. Despite its small size, the town on the island is charming with excellent shopping and several very good restaurants.
This is a higher end island with property values ranging from $400,000 up to $15 Million. The unit, the Club, and the island offer privacy, relaxation, and rejuvenation....a fantastic vacation getaway.
- the Building Association, of which we are members, have a minimum 7 day stay between Nov 1 and April 30 which we are obliged to observe
- we ask that travellers please arive and depart on Saturdays or Sundays which we have found best fit most people's vacation schedules
- and the unit has a lot of light colored fabrics, light colored walls and doors, glass table tops etc and so is not suitable for young kids. Nothing against kids (we have our own) but we just think putting them into this environment would be unfair to both them and their parents.
And just a few things based on our own travel experiences:
- we provide a 'Welcome' package to all guests that includes a bottle of wine (typically a Kendall Jackson Chardonnay), a container of nuts (typically Emerald) and a bag of Starbucks French Roast coffee to get guests 'started' the day after arriving. Travel days are typically long and tiring and in those instances where we've received 'welcome packages' they've been really appreciated.
- well in advance of guest arrivals we provide a somewhat lengthy list of Recommendations to help familiarize guests with what's available at both the Club and on the island.
- we provide a 'How To Use The Condo' booklet that helps guests use, amongst other things, the TV, Alexa the voice activated assistant, connecting to WiFi, appliances etc
- and we have an upgraded Comcast package that gives guests access to a very broad list of entertainment options.
Keywords: Beachfront Condo.