1.No Smoking: The house is strictly no smoking. If there is any evidence of smoking within the House we reserve the right to charge an additional charge of £100.00 for deep cleaning.
2. Reservation Deposit: A deposit of 50%( subject to a minimum charge of £100.00) of the quoted rental is payable upon booking. Deposit may be used against any damages and is returnable immediately after the let.
3. Reservations and payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations will be held as provisional reservations for 3 days and MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit immediately. All cheques must be made payable to: Aviemore Luxury Accommodation. Should a material change be made to any reservation within 56 days of arrival a fee of £25.00 will be levied.
4. Payment: After a booking has been received and accepted with deposit paid, the client will be required to pay the full cost of the booking 8 weeks prior to the date of arrival.
5. Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled the full deposit is NOT refundable. In the event of the cancellation being within 8 weeks of arrival, the full balance of payment is NOT refundable.
6. Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the Reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation. The client becomes liable for the full balance of the rental no later than eight weeks prior to arrival at the house. Sending a deposit will be deemed to be an acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions herein. Should a reservation be made within eight weeks of arrival, full payment must be made at the time of the initial reservation. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated, as cancellation and no refund will be made. Further information, about holiday insurance, can be found in Banks, Post Offices, Building Societies and from the providers of your home and car insurance.
7. Holiday protection premium: Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
8. Insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance clients are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owners of the house or agent be held liable for any loss or damage to clients' property.
9. VAT: Currently, there is no VAT on rental properties of this type. We reserve the right to alter this at any time.
10. Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday but weekend and short periods may be available. Rentals begin at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our discretion.
11. Inventory: An inventory of all the contents is kept in the house. If there are any "accidents" during the stay please make a note on the forms provided. You will be required to pay for replacements. The house will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the house will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests.
12. Changes: The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the house.
13. Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week-long bookings. The house will be tastefully decorated with a Christmas tree.
14. Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted by anyone under 21 years old.
15. Dissatisfaction: Should a client be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify us within 2 hours of arrival. The Client must also notify us immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Client being liable to any damages or defects. The owners may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
16. Pets: No Pets allowed
17. Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels are provided in the lodges.
18. Baby/Toddler: We will endeavour to provide any baby/toddler items on request.
19. Liability and responsibility: The owners can not be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties.
20. Exclusion of the Rent Act: The contract affected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
21. Winter: It must be appreciated that the house is situated in the Scottish Highlands where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the house.
22. Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners cannot be held responsible for non- arrival of clients at the house and no refunds will be given.
23. Utilities: The owners cannot be held responsible in any way for any failure of Utility Services ( e.g. electricity or water supply) which is beyond their reasonable control and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
24. Digital Sky Television: A Sky TV premium package is available throughout the house.
25. Terms and Conditions: We reserve the right to change or amend the terms and conditions at any time.